Aims of Prestwood Nature
The primary aim of Prestwood Nature is to: Enhance the quality of the natural environment through the involvement of local people.
We do this by:
- Restoring and maintaining sites to preserve natural resources
- Guided walks led by knowledgeable members to increase awareness of the natural environment
- Arrange talks on subjects of interest to our members
- Produce a regular newsletter for members
- Maintain records of plant and animal life in order to see how the environment is changing in response to climate change and other pressures
See our Activities page for what’s coming up.
Prestwood Nature Newsletters
The current version of the newsletter is reserved for members only but we are building up an archive of past issues that are available for anyone to download. Find it on our Membership Page.
Join Prestwood Nature now
Membership costs just £8 per year for all family members.
The membership year starts on 1st. January so the subscriptions for 2022 are now due.
Click on the button below to download a membership form.
National Meadows Day
Sunday 3rd July 10am to about 4pm Boug's Meadow,
Link Road car park, Great Missenden,
Come and celebrate nature with us at Boug’s Meadow, Great Missenden on National Meadows Day.
- The wildlife meadow will be in full bloom, attracting many butterflies and bumblebees.
- Enjoy a Nature Trail challenge (for youngsters of all ages) and peruse displays on a wide variety of nature and conservation topics.
- We will have experts from, amongst others, Prestwood Nature, the Berks, Bucks and Oxon Wildlife Trust (BBOWT), Butterfly Conservation, Bumblebee Conservation, Priestfield Arboretum.
Free Parking and Free Entry.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
Plants to look for in June
Karen’s guide this month describes how to tell apart the different types of speedwell which are now in full flower and she describes the effect that a leaf-mining moth is having on our conker trees.
Download it to your phone and take it with you on your country walks.
These are the places we work at
Click or tap on the flags to be taken there