Aims of Prestwood Nature
The primary aim of Prestwood Nature is to: Enhance the quality of the natural environment through the involvement of local people.
We do this by:
- Restoring and maintaining sites to preserve natural resources
- Guided walks led by knowledgeable members to increase awareness of the natural environment
- Arrange talks on subjects of interest to our members
- Produce a regular newsletter for members
- Maintain records of plant and animal life in order to see how the environment is changing in response to climate change and other pressures
See our Activities page for what’s coming up.
Prestwood Nature Newsletters
The current version of the newsletter is reserved for members only but we are building up an archive of past issues that are available for anyone to download. Find it on our Membership Page.
Join Prestwood Nature now
Membership costs just £8 per year for all family members.
The membership year starts on
Click on the button below to download a membership form.
Creatures of the Night
Saturday 3rd. September 7:00pm at Boug’s Meadow in Great Missenden
Come along for an evening of fun, looking and listening for some of the beautiful night-flyers and creatures that visit Boug’s Meadow in the heart of Great Missenden.
- Hunt for bugs before the sun goes down.
- Listen out for passing bats on the detectors and other sounds of the night.
- Help put out some ‘wine ropes’ to entice night flying moths.
- Make a mask.
This is a FREE family event.
Plants to look for in August
These are the places we work at
Click or tap on the flags to be taken there