The Prestwood Area
Prestwood, along with its close neighbour Great Missenden, are villages situated in the heart of the Buckinghamshire Chiltern Hills.
The area is very rich in natural diversity. Agriculture is mixed arable and grazing. The fields are small with many hedgerows.
The characteristic hilltop woods are a legacy of the furniture making industry which was once important to the economy of the area.
The hills are mainly chalk and this provides a unique environment for chalk grasslands and chalk streams.
Aims of Prestwood Nature
The primary aim of Prestwood Nature is to: Enhance the quality of the natural environment through the involvement of local people.
We do this by:
- Restoring and maintaining sites to preserve natural resources
- Guided walks led by knowledgeable members to increase awareness of the natural environment
- Arrange talks on subjects of interest to our members
- Produce a regular newsletter for members
- Maintain records of plant and animal life in order to see how the environment is changing in response to climate change and other pressures
Membership costs just £8 per year for all family members. To get more information click on the logo to visit our membership page or press the button to download a membership form.